We sit on the computer all day and when we focus on a task or text we forget to blink. Our eyes are dried and our eyesight gets bad.
However, there are exercises that you can do every day in order to reduce the harmful effects of the computer screen and protect your eyesight.
1. Blink for two minutes. This exercise helps regulate blood circulation in the eye.
2. Turn your head as you look ahead. First from the right to the left, and then from the bottom up. This also improves blood circulation in the eyes.
3. Look to the right, then slowly to the left. Then do the same thing in the opposite direction.
4. Close your eyes and relax. Darkness strengthens the photo-receptor cells, which helps maintain the good vision.
5. Point your view in different directions. Look right, left, up and down, move your gaze and do the “eights”.
6. Close your eyes firmly for 5 seconds, then open them. Do it seven times. This exercise helps rest your eye muscles and improve your blood circulation in the eyes.
7. Lightly press the temples with your fingers for two seconds. Repeat five times. This exercise improves the flow of intraocular fluid.
8. Keep your eyes open and look at simple geometric figures. Then move to more complicated shapes.
9. Close your eyes and slowly move your eyeballs up and down. Repeat this five to ten times.
10. Stand close to the window and focus on something very close to your face. And then to something that is far away. Repeat the exercise 10 times.