Most people are not aware of the fact that the side, or the pose in which they sleep on, can significantly affect their digestive system.
The first proof of this claim originates long ago when monks were practicing lying down after a meal in order to better digest the food.
This is confirmed by Ayurvedic medicine, which advises you to sleep more on the left side.
Here are some of the reasons why you should sleep on the left side:
– The heart sends blood into the body in a better way
– The body removes harmful substances in a better way
– Contributes to better functioning of the spleen
– Easier lymphatic drainage
– Provides good digestion
– Provides better blood flow to the heart
– Contributes to a better bile flow