When it comes to the healthiest seasonings, we can not pass without mentioning cinnamon.
There are numerous positive effects of cinnamon on people’s health, but I will only name a few. It may be worthwhile mentioning why it is one of the most known or why it has a fantastic flavor, but this article will be focused solely on the benefits of consuming cinnamon.
Without further ado, here are the benefits:
- In Chinese medicine it is known as a remedy for colds and flu (in combination with tea and ginger).
- In combination with honey and water it is a real vitamin bomb.
- Helps in digestion and restores nerves and blood.
- Just half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day lowers blood sugar in diabetics.
- Lowers blood cholesterol, destroys the fungi and prevents their spread.
- Cinnamon is a natural food preservative and contains fiber, calcium, iron and manganese.
These are enough reasons to place it into your daily diet. Not to mention that it has a very sweet taste. Many people use it as a dressing for their coffee or tea.
But it is most suitable and one of the best seasonings for diabetics. It regulates the blood sugar like no other seasoning before.