These are the benefits of consuming almonds:
- Almonds reduce the risk of heart attack. Those who consume these nuts five times a week have about 50 percent reduction in risk of heart attack according to the Loma Linda School of Public Health.
- They lower the ‘bad’ cholesterol and help build strong bones and teeth, as the phosphorus in almonds helps make this possible.
- They also protect the artery walls from damage. It was found that the flavonoids in almond skins work in synergy with vitamin E, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Almonds provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss. Although they are high in fat, frequent nut eaters are thinner on average than those who almost never consume them.
- They lower the rise in blood sugar and insulin after meals. And nourish the nervous system and help increase high intellectual level and longevity
- They help provide good brain function. Contain riboflavin and L-carnitine, nutrients that boost brain activity and may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease as well.
- They alkalize the body. Almonds are the only nut and one of the few proteins that are alkaline forming. When your body is not alkaline enough, you risk osteoporosis, poor immune function, low energy and you can gain weight.