Some people have a genetic predisposition for an excellent physique and it seems that each succeeding workout can see visible changes in their bodies. On the other side are people who exercise intensely and adhere to a strict eating plan and still have a relatively slow progress.
All this is due to the body construction. But does that mean that some of us can not eliminate excess fat and build muscle mass? Of course not! One needs to only recognize your type of physique and train under the appropriate program and you will be surprised of the form that you can achieve!
What is your physique?
We all have different body structure that affects our efforts in the exercise. Knowing the characteristics of your physique will help you to choose the training program that will bring the largest and fastest results. The types of body structure is divided into 3 main groups: ectomorph, endomorph and mesomorph.
People with this physical construction are usually tall, thin, with long limbs, flat chest and narrow shoulders. Their metabolism is extremely fast, allowing them to eat almost anything they want and how they want and it does not result in serious problems with overweight. Although this sounds ideal, body building for ectomoprhs brings difficulties when gaining muscle mass.
How can you train if you are an ectomorph?
If you recognize the description above, these are the basic rules to follow:
- Your primary goal should be to increase muscle mass, which means you need to train with weights, including a large part of complex exercises in your program.
- To achieve your goal you need a hypertrophy. This means you need to include more exercises with weights rather than machines, which include complex movements. Practice with larger weights, in sets of fewer reps and resting more between sets.
- You can practice under the program for training of all groups of muscles 3 times a week or different groups of muscles distributed in 5 workouts a week.
Endomorph’s physique has characteristics opposite to those of the ectomorph type – low in stature, with a slow metabolism and a high propensity to obesity and undefined muscles. But this type of construction has its advantages and shortcomings. People who belong to this group easily increase muscle mass, but also easily increase body fat resulting in a wider waist and difficult process of eliminating excess weight and fat.
How can you practice if you are an endomorph?
Although the increase in strength and muscle mass will go easier than others, your fight against excess fat will be more severe. Therefore, it is necessary to have a balanced exercise program.
- The exercises with weights are inevitable and exercise endurance to keep body fat under control. This means that cardio exercises should be part of your every workout.
- Practice with average weights in sets of 8 to 12 repetitions with short breaks between sets.
- To increase muscle mass, exercise with weights more than machines. Try to include cardio activities in the days when you exercise to get rid of excess fat.
Mesomorphic body structure is one that is considered a genetic gift – a thin waist, broad shoulders, defined muscles and correct proportions. If you belong to this group of people it will be very easy to build up muscle mass and eliminate excess body fat.
How can you practice if you are a mesomorph?
Although you have a natural predisposition to good physical shape, you must make efforts to maintain and improve.
- For best results, you should apply exercises to increase muscle mass, strength and endurance.
- Practice with average to heavy weights, with 6 to 12 repetitions per series. To maximize the results change your training program every 6 weeks.
- As for cardio, it is enough to practice two times a week to increase endurance and burn excess fat. For exercises with weights, try to train 3 to 5 times a week, depending on the training program you follow.